Account Management Intern
We get it, your “biggest weakness” is that you’re a perfectionist. And while we see right through that answer, perfectionism just happens to be the weakness we’re looking for.
Devaney & Associates has room for a seize-the-day, roll-up-your-sleeves, make-it-work Account Management Intern to join our award-winning advertising, marketing and public relations team in Owings Mills, Maryland. You’ll be learning from seasoned professionals, getting the inside scoop on how advertising agencies operate, and gaining hands on experience in a competitive, ever-evolving industry.
- Assist with day-to-day client activities.
- Work with multiple departments to ensure fulfillment of client projects.
- Track client activities and project status.
- Administrative support such as: data entry, proofreading, creating purchase orders and production schedules, obtaining vendor estimates and proofs, mail list management, scheduling meetings, etc.
- Self-motivation, flexibility and organization
- Attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment
- Junior or senior standing
- Pursuing a communications or marketing degree, preferred
This is a part-time position for summer 2018. To apply, send your resume and a cover letter that tells us what makes you special, why you’re interested in a career in marketing, and what makes you perfect for this position to Sara at email@example.com.
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram!
Public Relations Intern
Future PR wizards wanted! If you’re looking to gain experience writing press releases, building media lists, and keeping clients in the public eye, we’ve got you covered.
At Devaney & Associates, you’ll be working under the director of public relations doing all of this good stuff:
- Building and maintaining media lists
- Researching award opportunities and keeping track of deadlines
- Collecting editorial calendars from media outlets and identifying opportunities for clients
- Helping to write and distribute press releases, pitch letters, calendar listings, etc. for clients
- Compiling and saving client media clips
We’re looking for someone who fits the script for the ideal PR practitioner:
- Strong writing and editing abilities
- Knowledge of social media websites, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Experience in online research
- Self starter able to quickly grasp task objectives
- Dedication to meeting deadlines
- Creative thinker who can review and synthesize information quickly and clearly
- Team player
This is a part time, 2 days/week position for the Spring 2018 semester.
If this sounds like you, send your resume, 2-3 writing samples, and a cover letter that tells us what makes you special, why you’re interested in PR, and what makes you perfect for this position to Sara at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Devaney & Associates, Inc., and Lawrence Law, LLC
Owings Mills, Maryland
Devaney & Associates and Lawrence Law are looking for a multi-tasking administrative assistant who can balance duties for both an award-winning advertising, marketing and PR firm and a boutique law firm located in the same offices in Owings Mills, MD.
This is a part-time position, with flexible hours (approximately 24 hours a week, with four 6-hour days).
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Answering phones
- Greeting and directing guests
- Opening and preparing mail
- Scheduling appointments
- Scanning and filing
- Maintaining contact lists
- Maintaining calendars
- Completing time sheets
- Generating reports
This is a unique opportunity to be a part of not one, but two talented teams, in a dynamic and challenging work environment. Please e-mail cover letter and resume to email@example.com.